How to Choose the Right Liner for Your Pool
Posted By: Dave Warren
Posted on: May 22nd, 2019
Whether you’re installing a new pool or renovating an existing one, choosing the right liner is a key part of the process—helping your pool look better and last longer.
Keep reading to learn what steps you can take to choose the right liner for your pool:
1. Consider Your Pool’s Water Colour
Although the water in your pool will be essentially colourless, there are factors that can affect how it appears, including:
- The depth of your pool.
- How much sunlight it gets.
- The presence of shade-causing obstructions like trees.
The colour of your liner—whether it’s deep blue, light blue, or a shade of green—also plays an important role in influencing the colour of your pool’s water. If you want your water to be a deep blue, look for something with dark blue or black hues. Finding a liner with more electric tones will give your water a vibrant look (more aqua), while something with softer blues or tans will provide a more subdued aesthetic (an eggshell blue type tone).
2. Choose a Pool Liner Pattern
After determining what colour pallet you like, it’s time to pick the actual pattern. With a variety of options to choose from, including liners that mimic mosaic designs, natural stone, marble, or ceramic tile, you’ll be able to find the style that suits your design preferences and home’s overall look and feel.
One thing you’ll need to decide is whether or not you want your pool liner to include a tile (the pattern that appears near or at the top edge of a liner). Sometimes tiling can provide a beautiful accent, though the landscaping you have around your pool might make a no-tile look more appropriate. If, for example, you’ve decorated your backyard with natural stone, a no-tile sandstone liner could create a soft, natural transition.
3. Work with Experienced Pool Experts
To ensure your liner looks and performs its best, you need to choose a qualified pool services company to install it.
When considering pool services companies, be sure to ask questions like:
- How long has the company been performing pool liner replacements?
- Do they rely on the use of sub-contractors?
- Are they members of any professional organizations?
- Are their pool liners Canadian-made?
The right company will be able to provide support along the way, including guidance on the liner colours and patterns that will be most suitable for your pool. They will then measure your pool properly to ensure a precise, custom fit.
At Total Tech, we are pool liner experts. Our experienced staff have been providing pool services – including liner repairs and replacements – to customers in Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, and surrounding areas for over 25 years. Contact us today to discuss your vision for your pool!
- 4 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Pool Liner
- My Pool Liner’s Come Off Track. Is It Time for a Pull?
- 4 Tips for Maintaining Your Pool’s Liner
- Vote for Us in the 2019 Oakville Beaver Readers’ Choice Awards - October 7, 2019
- Why You Shouldn’t Close Your Pool Too Early - September 20, 2019
- The Saber BBQ Grilling Guide - August 23, 2019
- Safety Cover Sale: Book Before September 8th and Save 10% Plus Get a Free Pool Closing! - August 13, 2019
- Summer Grilling with Green Mountain Grills Pellet Smokers - July 16, 2019
- Spoil Dad with Our Father’s Day Sale - June 7, 2019
- How to Choose the Right Liner for Your Pool - May 22, 2019
- Thanks for Making Total Tech’s 21st Annual Spring Sale and BBQ a Huge Success! - April 30, 2019
- New Outdoor Cooking Equipment for the 2019 BBQ Season - April 18, 2019
- Join Us for Our 21st Annual Spring Sale and BBQ: April 27th & 28th - April 12, 2019