Pool Safety Cover Installation
We install high quality pool safety covers in Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, and area.
Safety covers are about more than just safety, delivering unmatched ease of use and durability. Unlike regular pool covers, safety covers are tailored for your pool – ensuring a tight, custom fit that will keep debris out.
What are the Benefits of a Pool Safety Cover?
Safety covers are strong enough to support the weight of children or pets that accidentally walk across them, featuring triple-stitched stress points and webbing-reinforced seams.
Traditional vinyl covers can be a hassle to store. They need to be kept in a bucket of water to prevent shrinking when they’re not in use, and you need to add algaecide to prevent algae from growing in the water. Safety covers can be conveniently folded and put in garage rafters or shelving, keeping them out of sight and away from damage.
Since moisture is able to seep through the material, you won’t need to spend as much time (or money) filling your pool when it’s time to open it. A simple hose down, gentle scrub, and air dry is all that’s needed before you store it.
Safety covers are available in a range of colours (including blue, green, grey, tan, and black) to match your backyard’s overall look and feel.
A second aesthetic issue safety covers address is built-up rain and snow. Not only can this be a hazard for animals like chipmunks and squirrels and attract other pests like ducks
and frogs, but it can also harbour debris and cause a proliferation of algae when the weather begins to warm in the spring.
Safety covers have been engineered with woven and extrusion-coated polyethylene squares to withstand harsh weather. They are made with either 5’x5’ or 3’x3’ (depending on the type and shape of pool you have) with straps that run along the top and bottom. They are designed to line up flush with decking and patio stone and fasten securely with brass hardware and stainless steel springs.
How is a Pool Safety Cover Installed?
- To start, an experienced professional will come to your home and take a range of measurements to ensure your pool cover will fit your pool’s shape precisely.
- After your custom pool cover arrives, a qualified installer will assess it on-site to ensure there’s an even overlap around the pool. There should be right amount of overhang to maximize safety without exposing too much fabric to the deck.
- Finally, they will install the anchors and clips that will support your safety cover. These anchors can be recessed when your pool is open, making them virtually invisible and ensuring they won’t cause any safety hazards.
- An expert installer will be able to make sure everything is spaced properly and delivers the right amount of tension (pulling tight enough without being too tight).
At Total Tech Pools, we proudly install Yard Guard’s Deck Lock System, the latest in pool safety cover technology. The Deck Lock is available in either high-quality mesh or reinforced vinyl and features:
- White thread (triple stitching) cross tack and box tack at all perimeter stress points.
- Straps run on both top and bottom of the cover for added strength.
- The raised rub strip prevents chafing on coping.
- Porous, tight mesh gives maximum strength.
- Reinforced webbing is used at the top and bottom of every seam and around the perimeter.
- All covers are manufactured using the most modern of equipment including a computerized cutting and shaping system.
- All Covers throughout every stage of production are quality checked and signed for before final packaging.
- All hardware is prepackaged in individual poly bags. Each bag (or set) includes the brass plug, brass screw, spring buckle, and vinyl sleeve.
- Available in five colours: grey, green, blue, tan, and black.
We encourage you to contact us and speak to one of our specialists about installing a safety cover for your pool. You can also visit our Total Tech pool store at 1380 Speers Road, in Oakville.