5 Signs It’s Time to Renovate Your Pool
Posted By: Dave Warren
Posted on: June 16th, 2016
There’s nothing you love more than enjoying your pool all summer long, but you can admit it – it’s looking a little bit worse for wear this year. Is it time for a renovation?
Read more about these five signs that your pool might be in need of some restoration:
1. Fading Patterns and Colours on Your Vinyl Liner
Is the colour on your vinyl pool liner losing its lustre? Does it appear to be shrinking at its edges? Vinyl pool liners are designed to last for between 10 and 15 years, though there are factors that can shorten their lifespan including:
- Excessive exposure to the sun’s UV radiation.
- The sanitary condition of your pool’s water.
- Prolonged exposure to pool chemicals.
If you notice issues – including tearing, staining, wrinkling, or leaking – contact a pool services provider to repair or replace your liner before problems worsen and cause costly long-term damage.
2. Visible Deteriorations around Your Pool
Finding obvious signs of decay is one of the easiest ways to tell if your pool needs renovations.
Keep an eye out for symptoms of problems including:
- Cracked or blistering surfaces.
- Discoloured, stained spots.
- The appearance of rust.
- Noticeable leaks.
The earlier you catch a problem, the easier it will be to fix. If minor flaws are left to worsen, they can cause significant harm to your pool down the road.
3. Old, Inefficient Pool Equipment
In recent years, pool equipment has improved significantly – becoming more energy efficient, cost effective, and delivering better performance.
- Electrical components using less energy.
- Technological innovations mean you can use fewer chemicals by employing salt generators to produce their own chlorine.
- Computer-controlled automated cleaners make maintenance easier.
4. Safety Concerns and Hazards
Hazards to keep an eye out for can include:
- Faulty electrical design or lighting.
- Flaws on finishes like loose tiles.
- Broken or nonexistent covers on any areas where pool equipment causes suction.
For a complete assessment of your pool’s safety, work with qualified pool service professionals who can thoroughly inspect for hazards around your pool and help you fix them before someone gets hurt.
5. Out-of-Date Backyard Landscaping
It’s important to remember that your pool doesn’t stand alone. Instead, it’s part of the larger puzzle that is your backyard. If you’re going to spruce up one piece, you might want to look into freshening up the others – including your backyard’s landscaping.
Consider adding dynamic features like:
- Water features.
- Attractive decking.
- Trees, shrubs, flowers, and other plants.
An experienced pool services company will be able to remodel your pool and connect you with local landscaping partners to undertake some of the additional work around your yard, giving you the backyard and the pool you’ve dreamed of.
Let the award-winning experts at Total Tech transform your pool and give you the backyard of your dreams. Contact us today to discuss the vision you have for your pool!
- 5 Tips for Installing New Pools in Oakville
- 4 Tips for Maintaining Your Pool’s Liner
- My Pool Liner’s Come Off Track. Is It Time for a Pull?
- Why You Shouldn’t Close Your Pool Too Early - September 20, 2019
- The Saber BBQ Grilling Guide - August 23, 2019
- Safety Cover Sale: Book Before September 8th and Save 10% Plus Get a Free Pool Closing! - August 13, 2019
- Summer Grilling with Green Mountain Grills Pellet Smokers - July 16, 2019
- Spoil Dad with Our Father’s Day Sale - June 7, 2019
- How to Choose the Right Liner for Your Pool - May 22, 2019
- Thanks for Making Total Tech’s 21st Annual Spring Sale and BBQ a Huge Success! - April 30, 2019
- New Outdoor Cooking Equipment for the 2019 BBQ Season - April 18, 2019
- Join Us for Our 21st Annual Spring Sale and BBQ: April 27th & 28th - April 12, 2019
- New Seminar: Basic Pool Operations and Pool Opening - April 9, 2019