Choosing Patio Furniture to Design Your Own Backyard Oasis
Posted By: Dave Warren
Posted on: July 19th, 2018
Whether you’re designing a whole new outdoor living area or just looking to update your current space, some planning ahead will help ensure your vision comes to life. You’ll want to choose patio furniture and elements that suit your needs and will last for years to come.
Think About the Purpose of Your Patio
Everyone uses their space differently. Do you enjoy dining outside and entertaining guests? Are you dreaming of a poolside escape with plenty of spots to lounge in the sun? Maybe you’re seeking a conversational sitting area that can be used from spring right through to fall, with a fire pit to help you stay cozy on chilly nights. Thinking about how you intend to use your outdoor space will guide you in the right direction in terms of what furniture and features you may want to include.
Go for Quality Where it Matters
Your patio furniture will spend a significant amount of time outside in the sun and harsh elements over the course of its life. It might make sense to bargain-hunt for trendy items like outdoor accent rugs, but think of patio furniture as an investment. Consider opting for pieces made with performance fabric and durable materials that are designed for outdoor use and built to last, like Sunbrella upholstery.
Remember the Extras
When creating your backyard oasis, sometimes the details can make all the difference. If your yard gets a lot of sun, you may want to consider a patio umbrella to offer some shade. Patterned accent throw pillows can add some personality and comfort to your outdoor seating area. Sticking with a certain theme or colour palette can also help tie the various elements of your space together.
Buy with Confidence
When you’re shopping around for outdoor living pieces, look for a supplier with an actual showroom where you can test the furniture out. Purchasing from a trusted business with experience in the industry will allow you to buy with confidence – reputable suppliers should offer a manufacturer warranty that protects you against any defects, and some will even provide free local delivery to save you the hassle of figuring out how to get your new patio furniture home. Now it’s time to get outside and enjoy your new outdoor living space!
Total Tech offers a wide variety of outdoor living furniture and pool toys to help you create a backyard that the whole family will enjoy. Contact us or visit the store to learn more about our line of products!
- New Outdoor Living Furniture to Pump up Your Patio
- Exciting New Toys for Summer 2018
- How to Choose the Right Pool Equipment
- How to Choose the Right Liner for Your Pool - May 22, 2019
- Thanks for Making Total Tech’s 21st Annual Spring Sale and BBQ a Huge Success! - April 30, 2019
- New Outdoor Cooking Equipment for the 2019 BBQ Season - April 18, 2019
- Join Us for Our 21st Annual Spring Sale and BBQ: April 27th & 28th - April 12, 2019
- New Seminar: Basic Pool Operations and Pool Opening - April 9, 2019
- Open Your Pool by April 13th and Get a $50 Gift Card - February 4, 2019
- Now is the Time to Book Your Pool Closing! - September 21, 2018
- Total Tech Pools Voted Oakville’s #1 Pool and Pool Services Company 9 Years in a Row: Thank You! - September 17, 2018
- 4 Tips for Preparing Your Pool for Closing - September 14, 2018
- Safety Cover Sale: Book Before September 30th and Save 10% Plus Get a Free Pool Closing! - August 28, 2018