Maintaining Your Pool
Water Chemistry is the most important element in pool maintenance.
The following are recognized critical levels in properly balanced pool water. Make sure that you are aware of these levels all year long; we recommend recording the results for easy reference.
** Please note that it is also important to check the other levels in your water**
- Chlorine = 1 – 3 PPM
- Ph = 7.2-7.6 PPM
- Alkalinity = 80 – 150 PPM
- Calcium Hardness = 200 + PPM
- Bromine = 2 – 4 PPM
It is recommended that you test your chlorine and pH daily. The alkalinity should be checked every week and always after rain. The best way to ensure that water is properly balanced is to have your water professionally tested for FREE at our computerized water analysis centre. We will happily test your water all season long free of charge and store your results to cross reference with past and future tests.
This is the means for killing bacteria and algae in order to disinfect the water. Proper pool sanitation is vital for:
- Water disinfection – killing pathogens.
- Removing excess organics – such as perspiration, body oils and urine.
- Prevention & removal of algae.
Pool Maintenance Program
TAKE THE STRESS AND GUESS WORK OUT OF MAINTAINING YOUR POOL! Have a member of our service team keep your pool in pristine condition all season long. Services include:
- Chemical balancing
- Water testing
- Leaf Skimming
- Equipment Maintenance
Got An Algae Problem?
- Brush walls and bottom thoroughly to get the algae off the surface. This will help the chlorine to bond with the algae.
- Adjust pH to 7.2 – 7.4.
- Shock the pool to a minimum of 10 ppm.
- The next day, add Wham-O.
- 12 hours later, add Sparkling Clear and let the system run for a few hours.
- Shut off filtration ,system (pump) and let the pool stand without circulation for 12 to 24 hours. This will help the sediments in suspension to sink to the bottom of the pool.
- Vacuum on waste. Keep a sharp eye on the water level. By vacuuming on waste, you ensure that the algae does not get back in your filter.
- Remember to always turn off your pump before changing the setting on your filter head.
We had just purchased our new home in 2011 and was the first pool we owned. I knew going in that we would definitely need a lot of work done, that’s when I met Dave and he also introduced me to Roy of Rosa and Rosa landscaping. Dave and his team were always professional, courteous, and true to their commitments. Dave never tried to oversell. He was upfront and honest on what I needed for my pool. He even made recommendations that lowered my costs. Extremely pleased by the work done by Total Tech Pools.
Eini from Kingston
Thank you Total Tech Pools! For years I’ve looked for a reliable pool company to open and close my pool along with service. On time, very professional. Keep up the good work. I will recommend you to all pool owners.
Jim from Mississauga
To All, We have been a customer of Dave Warren and Total Tech for over 20 years and, throughout the years, Dave hasn’t disappointed. He hasn’t deviated from his business model…GREAT customer service and cost effective solutions and has engrained this approach with all his staff. With the guidance from Dave and his team over the years, our pool has been easy to manage and maintain with minimum expense. We wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Dave and his Team at Total Tech for all your pool servicing and equipment needs. The Morrisons